Lawyers Information Site - Types of Lawyers
No matter who you are, you will most likely need a lawyer at some point in your life. There are so many different types of lawyers available that it can be hard to decide just what kind you need. Every lawyer specializes in a specific field, and knowing your lawyer's field of expertise will ensure that you get the help you need.
Lawyers/attorneys can be separated into two groups: criminal and civil. Criminal lawyers deal with corporate law, personal injury cases, and crimes. Here, you will find a list of the main types of lawyer, as well as the different subgroups.
- Divorce Lawyers: They focus on cases involving annulment and divorce. Going through a divorce is a long and complicated process, and hiring a lawyer can help resolve issues that you never even knew existed. Divorce lawyers can assist you in keeping your case out of court, help you with post-divorce financial planning, and help to negotiate child custody agreements.
- Civil Lawyers: they deal with businesses and individuals. They can handle marriages and divorces, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and property disputes.
- Bankruptcy lawyers can help businesses and individuals file for bankruptcy protection; they can help them keep their cars and homes and other personal items.
- Family lawyers offer a wider variety of services, on almost all issues family-related. Family lawyers can assist in cases involving child visitation, divorce, adoption and domestic violence.
- Criminal Lawyers: they work with people accused of committing crimes. An alleged perpetrator needs an adequate legal defense, and criminal lawyers work both in and out of court. These lawyers defend cases from assault to fraud, even murder.
- Accident Lawyers: they help accident and injury victims get the compensation they deserve. Accident lawyers often work in a no win no fee fashion.
- Malpractice Lawyers: they help people that are the victims of medical malpractice. Some doctors don't do their job in an effective or safe manner, often with disastrous results. These lawyers help victims get compensation for the life-altering circumstances they are under.
- Immigration Lawyers: they help on all immigration issues; they often work with various government agencies.
- Injury Lawyers: These lawyers help victims get compensation for almost any kind of accident, such as a car wreck, construction accident, or even elder care home abuse.
- Tax Lawyers: they help their clients complete their tax returns and assist in other tax issues.
There are a lot of different kinds of lawyers including there to assist in almost any situation famous lawyer Morgan Chu. And before you hire an attorney, be sure they are capable of handling your specific type of case. When you're looking for an experienced law firm, specifically a Richmond divorce attorney , you can call Cravens & Noll for a consultation.